Limited space in your backyard does not mean you cannot grill.
Gone are the days when we wrestled full-sized grills at the edge of your backyard just to grill a piece of meat. They are not only dangerous but also energy inefficient. Get the best portable grill that is perfect on the job.
With a portable grill, you will enjoy grill foods with your family and friends with less hustle. The compact but powerful portable grills are quite affordable and are available in whichever source of fuel that you prefer, from propane, electricity, wood or charcoal.
Best Portable Grill Reviews 2017
1. Coleman RoadTrip LXE- Best Portable Grill for Tailgating, BBQs, and Camping.
If you are looking for a reliable and a master-of-all portable propane grill for BBQ’s, tailgating, picnics and camping, Coleman RoadTrip LXE is an excellent choice. The Coleman RoadTrip LXE is mostly referred to as the Grilling Master because of its efficiency in outdoor cooking. The grill is equipped with durable cast-iron grilling surface for easy and quick grilling.
Easy to Set Up
The Coleman portable grill is easy to set up since it comes with its own stand and wheels. The stand makes it convenient to grill in the absence of a picnic table or an ideal table for grilling. Though the grill is heavy, the attached wheels make it possible to roll it to a perfect location for cooking.
Once you have identified the ideal location for grilling, take caution when unfolding the unit. To set up the grill properly, step on the handle and lift it up carefully. This allows the legs to stretch and be in an upright position for latching.
RoadTrip is energy efficient and propane powered and comes with two cast-iron porcelain coated grill grates for easy cooking. The two grill grates allow for grilling of large amounts of food using two burners. You can switch off one burner if you only intend to grill small amounts of food.
Features of Coleman RoadTrip LXE
- Large cooking surface of 285 sq. in.
- PerfectFlow pressure control system for steady heat.
- 20,000 BTUs of cooking power split between two burners (10, 000 BTUs each).
- InstaStart Technology for matchless lighting.
- Convenient design with built-in tool holders and sliding tables.
- Propane powered-uses 16.4 oz. cylinders.
- Two cast-iron porcelain coated grill grates.
- Removable grease management tray.
- Cooking dimensions: 47 x 19 x 34 inches.
- Weighs 44 pounds.
- Backed by a 3 years warranty.
- Easy to set up and transport.
- Cooks very quickly and nicely.
- Large cooking area.
Easy to clean.
- Very durable.
- Accessories sold separately, but they only add a few bucks to the product price.
- Requires frequent cleaning.
- Heavy to lift.
2. Cuisinart Petit Gourmet- Our Best Choice; Super Portable and Lightweight
The Cuisinart Petit Gourmet is a super portable and lightweight, portable gas grill that fits on decks and patios or in an area with limited space. Though the unit is small-sized, it cooks large amounts of food just like full-sized grills. It cooks 8 burgers, 8 steaks, and 6-10 chicken breasts at once.
The high-performance grill uses propane and consumes far less gas than the full-sized grills, making it the best propane grill for a person looking for a compact and energy efficient grill. The powerful 5500 BTU stainless steel burner heats up relatively fast, allowing food to cook quickly and in relatively little time.
The portable Petit Gourmet grill has a briefcase-style briefcase and weighs only 13.5 pounds. The unit fits comfortably in small spaces and can be carried anywhere, either to the beach, games, RVs, or boasts. It has durable aluminum legs and stabilizing feet for quick set up. The integrated lid lock keeps the lid secure.
Features of Cuisinart Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill.
- 145 square-inch grilling area and foldaway legs.
- Powerful 5500 BTU stainless steel burner.
- Choose between tabletop and grill with stand.
- Twist-start ignition for easy lighting.
- The Integrated lid lock to keep the lid secure.
- Removable grate that is dishwasher-safe.
- Item dimensions are 13 x 16.5 x16 inches.
- Weighs 13.5 pounds only.
- Choose between red, stainless steel and black colors.
- Spill-resistant drip tray.
- Compact Lightweight.
- Easy to set up.
- Uses less gas than full-sized grills.
- Briefcase-style carrying handle for easy transportation.
- Removable grate that is dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- Quite affordable
- Sometimes the unit heats up slowly due to the low setting.
- Small cooking surface.
3. Cuisinart CGG-200 All-Foods 12000 BTU Tabletop Gas Grill
The Cuisinart CGG-200 Portable gas grill is a high-performance tabletop grill that excels in grilling fine and large amounts of food. It is the best portable grill choice for a grilling enthusiast looking for a grill that combines portability, convenience, and exceptional performance.
CGG-200 is very portable and compact and ideal for small yards and patios. The folding steel shelves and carry handles make it convenient to carry the unit to the beach, game or fishing expeditions. The unit features the versatile modular grill system with interchangeable specialized grill surfaces ideal for frequently grilled food such as pizzas, bread, and veggies.
Grilling with Cuisinart All-Foods Portable Gas Grill
The unit is intelligently designed to generate adequate heat than most large grills in the market. The 12, 000 BTU stainless steel burners and panels distribute heat evenly to the cooking surface to give you a unique grilling experience. It heats fast and recovers quickly when you open the cover to rotate food.
You will simply be amazed by the result when grilling chicken, fish, roasts, hamburgers, steak, pizza, seafood and fresh vegetables. To get the perfect grilling marks, heat the CGG-200 portable tabletop grill to 400 degrees. The unit is ideal for small balconies, homes with limited space, picnics, tailgating, and fishing.
Features of Cuisinart All-Foods Portable Gas Grill
- Twist-to-start ignition for quick start-up.
- 12,000 stainless steel burner.
- Porcelain enamel cast iron 240 square inch cooking crate.
- Sturdy painted steel base.
- Two folding side shelves.
- Two integrated handles.
- Can grill enough food for up to 8 people.
- Durable 430 stainless steel grill lid with insulated double wall construction.
- Designed to take 14.1 to 16.4 ounce bottled liquid propane gas canisters.
- Product dimensions-42 x 18.5 x 15 inches.
- Weighs 35 pounds.
- Optional Cuisinart Folding Grill stand.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Perfect for homes with limited space.
- The grill heats very quickly, and the heat is distributed evenly to the surface grate.
- Build to last for long with durable materials such as the cast iron.
- Has a stainless steel veggie plate for cooking vegetables.
- Reasonably priced for the quality.
- Very heavy due to the material used.
4. Cuisinart CGG-220 Everyday Portable Gas Grill – Best Portable Grill for BBQ’s, RVs. 15,000 BTU.
The Cuisinart CGG-220 Portable gas grill has a 15,000 BTU, which is more than enough to accommodate all your grilling and entertainment needs during camping, tailgating, birthday parties or for an ordinary family dinner. The unit is smartly designed to grill different foods, from veggies, steak, hamburger, and seafood. It does exactly what you would expect from a Cuisinart product.
The 240 square inch porcelain enamel grill crate built with cast iron has a large grilling surface that is adequate for accommodate plenty of food for grilling. It can hold 10 burgers, eight stakes or eight chicken breaks.
The twist-to-start ignition system makes it easier to lighten the grill instantly. An integrated precision temperature gauge displays the internal temperatures, allowing you to monitor your cooking. The unit takes 14.1, and 16.4 ounces bottled LP gas canisters. It can work with the 20 pound LP gas tank when paired with the Cuisinart 20 pound adapter hose (purchased separately).
Cuisinart Everyday portable gas grill weighs 28 pounds only and measures 26.1 x 15.1 x16 inches for easy movements. The compact nature allows you to pack up and carry it to any place using the two integrated handles.
Features of Cuisinart CGG-220 Everyday Portable Gas Grill
- 240 square inch porcelain enamel cast iron grill grate.
- Single 15, 000 BTU burner.
- Twist-to-start electric ignition.
- A precision temperature gauge that displays internal temperatures.
- Pair of removable 10-by-10 side tables-adequate table for tools, foods, and beverages.
- Heat resistant stainless steel handles for easy portability.
- Solid thick metal construction.
- Removable drip tray.
- Measures 26.1 x 15.1 x 16 inches when in transport mode and 40 x 19 x 18 when in grilling mode.
- Uses less propane than a full-sized grill.
- Durable solid metal construction.
- Lightweight for easy mobility.
- Heats quickly and evenly.
- Easy to assemble when using the right tools.
- Side tables add space for tools and foods.
- Large grilling surface to accommodate plenty of food.
- Perfect choice for BBQ’ing and RV’ing.
- Sleek design.
- Easy cleaning.
- A little pricier than other comparable models but the grilling is epic.
5. Camco Olympian 5500 Stainless Steel Portable Grill- Perfect Choice for your RV
The Camco 57305 stainless steel grill is a high-quality grill from Camco that is specially designed for RV and outdoor use. The stainless steel portable gas grill has a large grilling surface of 180 square inches that is adequate for plenty of food. The 12, 000 BTU/hour burner is hot enough to cook food quickly. Also, it helps increase the flavor of cooked food.
The Camco Olympian 5500 portable gas grill works with an RV or trailer that is equipped with a low-pressure quick-connect propane outlet. When the unit is packaged, it comes equipped with the proper propane gas quick connect hose assembly ready to be attached to the trailer or RV.
If the trailer or RV lacks the quick-connect propane outlet, you can purchase an accessory hose that connects to a 5lb. or 20lb. propane cylinder or a 1 lb. throwaway propane cylinder.
Using with your RV
If your trailer has a preinstalled mounting rail, the accompanying mounting bracket can help hang the grill from the side of the RV. Attach the mounting bracket by holding it at a 45-degree angle from the mounting rail, and slide it onto the aluminum mounting rail and slowly lowering towards the RV or trailer.
Alternatively, if you want to use the grill without the mount, simply extend the folding feet for convenient tabletop use. When not in use, the folding feet fold flat under the grill.
Features of Camco 57305 Olympian 5500 Portable Gas Grill
- 12,000 BTU/hr burner.
- 180 square inches of cooking surface.
- Connects to low-pressure quick-connect propane supply on RV.
- Comes with mounting bracket for hanging on RV mounting rail.
- Includes quick-connect hose and valve to use with RV.
- Includes the patented cast iron smoker plate.
- Drip/grease tray.
- Has folding legs for easy setup and use on a tabletop.
- Measures 24.2 x 14.6 x 11.6 inches.
- Weighs 11.6 pounds.
Included in the Box
- Assembled grill.
- Stainless steel cooking grate.
- Cast iron smoker plate.
- Temperature gauge.
- Piezoelectric spark ignition.
- RV grill mount.
- Low-pressure control valve assembly with quick connect fitting.
- Drip/Grease Tray.
- 39” propane hose with quick connect fittings.
- Easy to hook up with an RV.
- No assembly required on the grill.
- Durable stainless steel.
- Easy to clean.
- Saves on cost of using LP cylinders.
- Lacks a regulator for using with the propane tank.
- A little pricier.
6. Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
The Weber portable grill Q 1000 is an upgrade of the Q 100. The improved models maintain the superb performance but considerable improvements in design and functionality. The improvements include a larger grip handle and control knobs for ease of portability, ergonomic side handles, and sturdy front.
Weber Q 1000 is made with durable cast-aluminum material for longevity, making it ideal for outdoor activities including tailgating, fishing, and picnics. The unit is lightweight and can be used on the go when preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The simple-to start ignition button ensures reliable and easy starts.
Just like other Weber portable grills, Q 1000 is energy efficient, durable and requires minimal care and maintenance. The unit comes assembled fully out of the box, and you start grilling and enjoying tasty grilled foods immediately.
The Weber portable grill includes an optional LP adapter hose for hook up to a 20 lb. tank. It uses 14.1 or 16.4 OZ LP cylinders (disposable) that are sold separately.
Features of Weber Q1000 Portable Propane Grill
- 8500 BTU per hour burner.
- 189 square inch cooking area.
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates.
- Cast aluminum lid and body.
- Push button ignition.
- Infinite control burner valve settings to control the temperature.
- Comes fully assembled out of the box.
- Optional adaptor hose and thermometer (sold separately).
- Weighs 27 pounds.
- Measures 20.5 x 27 x 23.4.
- Heats up quickly and cooks evenly.
- Reliable start with the push button ignition.
- Lightweight and can be carried to any event including basketball games.
- Excellent quality as you would expect from a Weber product.
- Environmentally friendly (no more charcoal!).
- Easy and quick assembly.
- Easy to clean
- Quite big but great for grilling plenty of food.
7. Weber 51010001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill- Best Gas Grill for Backyard.
When it comes to backyard grilling, Weber has made a name by developing superb products that enhance the grilling experience. The Weber Q1200 lives to its expectations in enabling sumptuous grilled meal at all times.
The design of the Weber 51010001 Q1200 cook box combined with other components of the cooking system including cooking grates and burner tubes allows for proper heat circulation around the food for even cooking. The tall lid allows the grilling of small birds and roasts with the inbuilt thermometer helping you monitor the grill temperature.
The Weber Q1200 portable propane grill is made of high-grade stainless steel material that stands up to small amounts of water found in a liquid propane grill. They are stronger and more resistant to rust and burn-through. They are easy to clean with a Weber stainless-steel grill brush.
Features of Weber Q1200 Portable Propane Grill
- Single stainless steel 8500 BTU/ hr burner.
- 189 square inch total cooking area.
- Easy-to-start electronic ignition.
- Infinite control burner valve settings.
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates, and cast aluminum lid and body.
- Inbuilt thermometer.
- Uses disposable 14.1-16.4 oz. LP cylinder that are sold separately.
- Weighs 28.5 pounds (slightly heavier than Q 1000).
- Measures 24.6 x 40.9 x 20.5
- Lots of colors to choose from.
- Heats up very quickly.
- The design of the Weber Q1200 cook box makes it possible for food to cook evenly.
- Can be carried virtually anywhere.
- Easy to clean.
- Easy to assemble (less than 10 minutes).
- Loved by many customers!
- Stable and balancing- No falling!
- The inbuilt temperature gauge is a plus.
- Moderate heating-it is difficult to turn on to full blast.
- Slightly heavy.
8. Weber 54060001 Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill – Best Weber Portable Grill for 5-8 people
The Weber Q2200 is an upgrade of the Q220 model, and it is higher in the rank before Q1000 and Q1200. This portable propane grill features the 12,000 BTU/hr that heats up the 280 square inch cooking area. Q2200 has a large cooking area that can accommodate plenty of food, enough to serve 4-8 people.
Q2200 also includes the porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grate that is now a split grid. The split grid is advantageous because it makes it easier to clean the unit if you only use one half of it. Alternatively, you can use a grate on one side of the cooking area and a griddle on the other. The cast iron construction of the lid and body makes them durable.
The Weber portable grill also includes a thermometer on the lid for easy monitoring of cooking temperatures. The electronic starter ignition makes it easy to start within seconds and start grilling. The handy fold-out side tables provide ample space to place cooked food, tools and beverages. All the features make Q2200 one of the best portable grill manufactured by Weber.
Features of Weber Q2200 Portable Propane Grill
- Single stainless steel 12,000 BTU/hr burner.
- 280 square inch cooking area.
- Comes fully assembled out of the box.
- Electronic start ignition.
- Infinite control burner valve settings.
- Uses disposable 14.1 – 16.4 oz. LP cylinder that is sold separately.
- Inbuilt thermometer.
- Durable materials for longevity.
- Split grates for a griddle/grate cooking combination.
- Compact with large grilling surface.
- Weighs 42.5 pounds.
- Measurements: 25.1 x 51.4 x 26 inches.
- Durable material used.
- Heats quickly and cooks evenly.
- The inbuilt thermometer is a plus.
- Pre-assembled and only takes few minutes to put few parts together.
- Easy to clean cooking grates.
- The gas control knob is easily readable.
- Electronic start ignition is quite efficient.
- This grill does not come with the grinding tool hangers that were found in Q220.
- Quite heavy but compact.
9. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Portable Grill2Go Gas Grill X200 Review- Perfect for Road Trips/ Rough Terrains
The Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 is built for the road and does not mind getting tossed up in rough terrains. If you are going for camping, tailgating, fishing or to the beach, this little and super lightweight grill is an ideal option that survives any adventure. The high impact legs and carry handles make it easy to carry this little friend anywhere.
The powerful 9,500 BTU burner heats up the 200 square inches of cooking surface quickly, and the heat is distributed evenly, reducing the amount time used in grilling foods. The cooking surface is large enough to grill steak, fish, chicken, veggies, burgers, and hotdogs for several friends. Charbroil portable gas grill uses the Char-Broil TRU-infrared technology to better cooking performance, even in the coldest weather.
Charbroil X200 is quick to start with the instant built-in push-button ignition (do not need batteries). The aluminum lid is hinged to the rest of the grill, making things a lot easier if have limited space but still want to make tasty food. The large handle allows you to open and close the lid safety as you monitor your food.
Features of Char-broil Portable Gas Grill
- Roadworthy and it is built for rough terrains.
- Hood-mounted temperature gauge.
- 9500 BTU burner.
- 200 square inches cooking surface.
- Ignition tucked inside the front leg to protect from damage.
- Stainless steel grilling grate.
- Porcelain finish for longevity.
- Uses Char Broil’s TRU-infrared technology.
- High impact frame with legs and sturdy carry handles.
- Easily converted for use with a 20 lbs. tank.
- Weighs 20 lbs.
- Measures 23.7 x 15.7 x 13.6 inches.
- Easy to set up since it comes pre-assembled.
- Easy to use and transport on the road.
- Heats quickly and cooks evenly.
- Energy efficient.
- Very affordable.
- The grate requires extra work to clean (You need to scrub it).
- Temperature increases rather quickly when the lid is closed.
10. George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill- Best for Apartments & Budget Friendly.
The George Foreman portable electric grill is a lightweight and high-performance electric grill that easily converts from outdoor to indoor use. This little grill has terrific and flexible designs that so many customers have fallen in love with! Other superior features such as the cool touch handles, adjustable temperature control, double non-stick coated plates and 1600 watts make this electric grill extremely popular with food lovers.
The unit is easy to use and set up. After assembly, simply plug it and allow it at least 10 minutes to adequately heat the surface as you gear up for an apparently fantastic grilling experience. As you cook, the electric grill allows you to adjust the heat from low to high depending on what you are grilling. The non-stick cooking surface means that you can use a minimum of added fats and also makes cleaning quite easy. The sloppy surface has channels that draw accumulated fats into a tray, just beneath the surface. The vented lid creates a circular flow of air to ensure even cooking especially for large stakes or chicken.
For convenience, place the George Foreman GGR50B either on a tabletop or atop its removable pedestal. On the stand, the electric grill stands approximately 2-1/2 feet high without including the domed lid. On its own, the cooking surface stands 6 inches high. Though the stand is sturdy for grilling, take caution when grilling in a high traffic area or near kids.
Features of George Foreman GGR50B Portable Electric Grill
- Electric powered with adjustable range from low to high.
- 1600 watts.
- Can be used both indoor and outdoor.
- The grill can be used on a pedestal or tabletop.
- Sloping grate to draw fats away from food into a tray.
- Double Non-stick cooking surface.
- Apartment approved- no charcoal, no propane, and no flare-ups.
- Dishwasher-safe drip tray to collect excess fats and grease.
- Removable grill plate for easy cleanup.
- 240 square inches of cooking surface- can make over 15 servings.
- Weighs 21 pounds.
- Measures 22.2 x 20.5 x 13 inches.
- Apartment-safe and your landlord will love it.
- Cooks evenly and better- the food tastes great!
- Easier to clean.
- Fantastic design: can be used on a tabletop and a pedestal.
- Easy to assemble (less than 10 minutes).
- Excellent price.
- Lightweight but with a large cooking surface.
- Space saving.
- If used indoors, be prepared for potential spattering.
- Slightly heavier than other tabletop portable grills.
- Don’t use outside while it is raining- it is dangerous (not really a con but a safety warning).
Best Portable Grill Buying Guide
Portable Propane Grill: Are they any better?
When going camping, tailgating, fishing, or to the beach, you must never forget to carry things like camping tents, ice cubes, wine & beer, lots of snacks and of course (yes, you got it right) the “Best Portable Grill.”
Portable grills can either be electric, gas or charcoal powered.
But not all are ideal for outdoor activities. Electric grills require plugging into a power outlet which would be hard to get in the middle of the wilderness. Charcoal grills are great, but in the wake of environmental conservations, most people are reluctant to use them in outdoor cooking and going for the environmentally friendly propane-powered grills.
They are various reasons why most people prefer a portable propane grill over the charcoal grill for outdoor cooking. Apart from being environmentally friendly, they are inexpensive, easy to start and use, lightweight, heat fast and cook evenly. Also, propane grills have burner controls and thermometers, making it possible to adjust and control the temperature.
What are the benefits of Portable Propane Grills?
Propane grills are usually lightweight making very reliable for outdoor cooking or grilling. Most portable propane grills weigh 10 to 35 pounds and can be carried virtually everywhere grilled food is required. They have firm legs or pedestal that can be retracted and extended at any time.
Portable grills that use propane gas are fuel efficient. Some models work with small disposable canisters that are adequate for all the cooking you need at the beach or during camping.
Unlike portable charcoal grills, portable propane grills are environmentally friendly since they use propane or natural gas. If you want a portable grill for your apartment, a propane grill is the best choice for you.
Portable propane grills are less expensive than other comparable grills on the market, making them ideal for people with a limited budget for an outdoor event.
Propane grills are known for their high performance and efficiency in outdoor grilling. They give you long hours of grilling without worrying about gas running out in the middle of the night. Propane grilled foods are also delicious!
Low maintenance and durable
Propane grills are low maintenance and only require a quick cleanup in between the grilling sessions. These grills are made using durable materials such as cast iron and aluminum that last for long and also rust-resistant.
Portable Electric Grill
One of the advantages of using an electric grill is that there no heavy fuel loads that you are expected to carry around. There are no propane tanks to fill and move around or charcoal bags to pack onto the back of your truck.
However, one thing that you have to consider is that you will require an extension cord from a wall socket, connecting to your grill. You can use an electric grill in your backyard or on the patio.
The portable electric grills feature a heat control knob that allows you to adjust the temperature upwards or downwards. Most electric grills have a Teflon coating making them easier to clean after cooking. Just use a damp clothing to wipe the surface once the grill has cooled down.
Using a portable electric grill outside the house while it is raining or drizzling poses a grave danger unless you have an undercover outside your home.
Benefits of Portable Electric Grills
- They are lightweight.
- Do not emit fumes and can be used on the patio or balcony of an apartment.
- No heavy fuels involved.
- Easier to clean.
- Heats quickly and cooks evenly.
- Best suited for indoor grilling.
Choosing the Best Portable Grill
Consider the following factors when selecting the best portable grill:
Size of Cooking Surface
In the current portable grill models, manufacturers have reduced the size of the cooking surfaces to increase their portability.
In a bid to compensate for the reduced cooking surface, the current designs incorporate double folding tables for placing cooking tools, food, and beverages. Traditional BBQs had larger cooking areas than the current portable grills, but they were too heavy to be carried to camping, tailgating, and fishing.
If you are looking for a portable grill for parties and social events, buy a grill with a large cooking surface (200 square inches and above). For a small number of people (2-5), a small grill is an excellent choice for grilling steaks, fish, burger, and kebabs at outdoor events.
The standard unit for measuring the heat generated by a grill is BTU that stands for British Thermal Units.
Basically, the higher the BTU, the hotter the grill will get and the quicker it grills food. High BTU rating is ideal for cooking plenty of food for many people at camping sites and picnics. Anything above 8000 BTU is adequate for cooking large amounts of food within a short time.
A good portable grill should allow easy switching from low to high temperatures and vice versa. Small portable grills come with single temperature control while commercial grade grills have two different temperature controls.
The best portable grill heats up to 600 degrees, making it possible to grill food within a short time. A good grill should be capable of cooking soft food items like maize and bacon at low temperatures.
Type of Fuel
Portable grills are powered by either electricity, gas or charcoal. If you want a grill for indoor use, a portable electric grill is most suitable since it requires a small space and does not produce fumes. They are perfect for apartment use.
Portable propane grills are the most appropriate for outdoor drilling since they are lightweight, energy efficient and environmentally friendly. They can take them to to the park, beach, camping, fishing and social picnics.
Charcoal grills are another excellent choice though they are not environmentally friendly. They are cheap, and charcoal-grilled foods taste better than food grilled by other types of fuel.
Product Dimensions & Weight
Are you limited in cooking and storage space? Well, if you are limited in space, and you have a small backyard, you should buy a portable grill that is compact, lightweight and can sit on a pedestal like George Foreman GGR50B. If space is not a factor, go for portable grills that have a large cooking surface.
Ease of Cleaning
Portable grills require regular cleaning to ensure proper food hygiene. Most portable grills are easy to clean and include features such as a removable grill plate, drip tray, and a sloppy grate. A sloppy grate helps in drawing fats away into the drip tray.
Durability & Warranty
The materials used in the manufacture of grills will determine the unit’s performance and durability. If you are looking for a portable grill that will last for long, make sure it is made with high-quality materials to ensure a sturdy construction. Grills made of cast aluminum, cast iron, and stainless steel have the ability to distribute heat efficiently, are rust resistant and durable. Also, grills made with cast-iron are heavy while those made with cast aluminum are lighter and portable. However, when the grills get exposed to heat and harsh weather, they get discolored and develop char marks that reduce their lifespan.
When buying a portable grill, always consider the length of the product warranty. A warranty of 1-3 years will be adequate just in case the grill malfunctions during the warranty period.
The process of buying a portable grill can be long and complicated especially if you lack previous experience with portable grills. However, by familiarizing yourself with the product specifics and following the advice of Best Home Machines buying guide, you will get the best portable grill that gives you value for your money.
Do have any appreciate, question or suggestion about this article? We would love to hear from you. Talk to us through the contact form below.